Our evergreen SharePoint intranets in-a-box report assesses intranet solutions for SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365. The latest version is 5.4, released on 12th November 2020. It covers 55 intranet products (32 in-depth and cataloguing 23 more) and provides independent, balanced, and honest assessments of each.
Since V5.0, we have updated, re-written, or introduced 34 of the 55 reviews. In V5.4 we have re-written two of the better-known products that we also selected as part of the ClearBox 2020 Choices: Valo and Akumina. There is a new summary listing about Ichicraft Widgets, which includes an MS Teams integration – something we’re seeing a lot of.
We’ve updated our review of SharePoint Online, taking into account recent Microsoft announcements and software updates. SharePoint forms the basis of all the products we feature, but we have scored it using our framework so that you can see how it rates without an intranet product on top. SharePoint is a lot better than it was even a year ago, but there are notable gaps in its functionality.
We have also introduced a new section for the full reviews, called ‘delivered roadmap’. This gives vendors the opportunity to list the features they’ve introduced to their product since we last saw a demo. The list will give you a sense of how the product has developed and allow you to consider whether to add it to your shortlist.
Why buy the report
- It will save you time. We spent well over 750 hours doing the research, so the cost of the report will be quickly recovered by saving you weeks of effort.
- Our comprehensive list of products means you can be certain that you’ve done due diligence on the options, and can be confident in your choice.
- You’ll make a better decision – we know what to ask vendors as we bring world-class intranet and internal comms experience to the process.
- Our opinions are genuinely independent. We accept no fees for inclusion from vendors, have no re-seller relationships, or sponsorship, and we don’t sell any software products ourselves.
- We tell you the bad as well as the good. We base our scores on business scenarios rather than a list of features so we aren’t easily impressed or swayed by a vendor’s claim to be unique.
- It’s the only report of its kind and covers vendors from USA, UK, Australia, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, India, Poland, and Vietnam.
If you’re still not sure, you can download the executive summary for free to get an idea of what you can buy. We also have other reports to help you consider your broader digital workplace, so have a look at those too. If you have any questions or would like any help with the product selection process please do get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to help straight away.
Take a look at V5.4 of our SharePoint intranets in-a-box report now.